Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you still need a gtd system if you could never forget anything

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmyers2112
    I am going to ignore supergtdman and would urge everyone else to do the same.
    Thanks for the comment. I forgot that there is an ignore list so I can add people I just flat don't want to engage with at all. Have to admit, this is the first person on that list in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSullivan View Post
      What is my desired outcome? To dig into a concept until I "prove" it won't work in every single instance in the known universe.

What is my next action? Annoy the heck out of people who are sincerely interested in tailoring a simple thought process so that it works for them as individuals.
      Pretty sure sgm didn't review outcomes and come up with an NA--wasn't that the whole point of this?

Comment

He's gone!

Hey, he's really gone! If you look back at his posts (he was up all night editing them, btw), it now says "guest" and you can no longer hover over his name and see a profile. Hooray!

Comment

Sometimes it is useful to listen to someone who does not understand...

Originally posted by Barb View Post
          Hey, he's really gone! If you look back at his posts (he was up all night editing them, btw), it now says "guest" and you can no longer hover over his name and see a profile. Hooray!
          Did you really care?

But some time ago I've discovered that:

Sometimes it is useful to listen to someone who does not understand what he is talking about.

It helps me to clarify my understanding of things, systems and interactions.

Comment

Originally posted by jesig View Post
            Pretty sure sgm didn't review outcomes and come up with an NA--wasn't that the whole point of this?
            Oh, I know - I just couldn't resist being snarky. I think this whole thread has taught me a lot about how I deal with things of which I disapprove! It is SO hard to just let things be sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
              Did you really care?

Sometimes it is useful to listen to someone who does not understand what he is talking about.

Wise words, TesTeq!

Comment

This was different

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
                Did you really care?

Not understanding and seeking clarification and input from people in the forum is what this is all about. That wasn't the case with this guy--he just wanted to argue. And no, it doesn't help me clarify my understanding of things at all to see someone just be antagonistic. When someone puts another person down because they don't see things their way, that really bothers me. It wasn't just this thread--it was every thread he participated in.

Anyway, he's gone and we can all go back to sharing ideas in a positive and helpful way.

Comment

I learn.

In my experience that's only true if the other person is self-aware enough to know the limits of his or her knowledge and has a sincere desire to learn.
                  I don't care if the other person is self-aware or has a desire to learn. It would be nice but I do not expect it.

I learn.

Comment

As my "Forum Rookie" label implies, I'm new here. I look forward to learning from all of you.
                    We are a friendly bunch, honestly!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X