Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTD for Assistants

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTD for Assistants

Hi!

I'm assistant using GTD and I'm interested in discuss about it with others. I think it's difficult to find any assistant people using it. Here, in Spain, I've tried in secretarial web pages without success.

regards,

La.

Re: GTD for Assistants

Originally posted by Laura
    I think it's difficult to find any assistant people using it.
    Laura,

I presume that many assistants would be reluctant to use GTD because the GTD book doesn't address typical parts of an assistant's work, e.g. scheduling deadline-driven assignments, maintaining a professional records management (filing) system and using a smoothly working follow-up system for several bosses (multiple tickler files).

It would be very interesting to discuss this topic because many of us have to be their own assistants.

Rainer

Comment

GTD is not universal and certainly it was meant for the independent "knowledge workers". But I think everybody can use the common sense principles of GTD such as a two-minute rule or writing lists to off-load her/his mind from details.
      In our company one of the Board's assistant roles is to be a "reference files and calendar manager". GTD is perfect for this.
      TesTeq

Comment

Working...
      X