Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
"Wishcraft" - good book for the 50,000-feet perspe Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wishcraft" - good book for the 50,000-feet perspe

Interesting soundbite: "There are plenty of hard-working, responsible men and women in our society who do know how to get things done but have never felt free to explore themselves and find out what they want to do." (p. xv)

I'm just getting started with this book, and I'm looking forward to discovering things about myself and where I want to go.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846

Hm - the subject got cut off; it originally read: "Wishcraft" - good book for the 50,000-feet perspective.

Basically it's about finding your mission in life / choosing a (possibly new) career path.

Comment

Wishcraft - excellent book

This is an excellent book and so to is Barbara Sher's "Teamworks"

I love the 'attitude' in both these books toward collaboration, clear thinking, simplicity.

Particularlt remember her take an authenticity and how so many 'self-help' book actually help you to feel bad about yourself and your current achievements!

Comment

Wishcraft is the book that prompted me to get advanced degrees. I bought it when it was first published years ago, and what a motivator it was! It's one of the books that has stayed on my shelf and has been read more than once. Some books just keep pushing me to reach out for the things I want.

Carolyn

Comment

Couldn't agree more - Wishcraft is a gem.

Comment

Couldn't agree more - Wishcraft is a gem.

Comment

Gotta add "What Color Is Your Parachute?". Working through the exercises in this book guided me in choosing a career as a computer programmer (despite not having a degree in Computer Science -- just a love of programming since childhood).

Comment

Working...
              X