Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mind Maps + Generic Post-Its = Synergy

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Maps + Generic Post-Its = Synergy

I've been using mindmaps for a couple of years. I like them.

Years before that I took a course from a company called Decker Communications, Inc. on public speaking. They recommended putting key words on post-its. They didn't talk about mindmaps explicitly but that is what they were doing.

I just prepared a little talk I am giving tomorrow. The prior talk I did with a mind map. This time I used 2"x1.5" generic post-its. They are great! You can shuffle them around and recluster with ease.

Try it. You'll be glad you did.

An excellent and thorough treatment of distributed cognition with stickies is Rapid Problem Solving with Post-It Notes by David Straker. Post-Its have the advantage of being quickly repositioned on the board, so its easier to perform operations that require lists, hierarchies and networks to be reorganized over multiple iterations. I don't use Post-Its anymore, but I use Straker's operations with business card-sized index cards on a table (larger index card gobble up too much real estate).

Comment

I found the open source program Freemind to be a really helpful tool for personal and group brainstorming sessions. Best of all, its free.

Comment

Working...
      X