Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plannerpads.com -- For Paper Based GTD Users

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plannerpads.com -- For Paper Based GTD Users

For the people who are in a paper based system, I would highly recommend that you look at Plannerpads spiral bound or loose leaf Organizers. They can be easily adapted to the GTD methodology. It has a top section that can be filled in with your weekly activities (Next Actions) that you will monitor. The middle section is used for Scheduled To-Do's for the week. The bottom section is where you would put your appointments for that week.

The Planners come in three sizes and have several accessories that can be added inside. If you are firmly planted in the paper domain, then I would seriously look at Plannerpads.

http://www.plannerpads.com

I have no affiliation or financial interest with the company.

I have to admit, this is the only paper-based system that has tempted me. I may have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hyatt
      I have to admit, this is the only paper-based system that has tempted me. I may have to give it a try.
      Michael, I used their system about two years ago and liked it quite alot. However, this was before I discovered GTD. I was cleaning my office this past weekend and came across an old Planner Pad and said man this format would work just fine with the GTD way of doing things. Thought I'd pass it along.

Comment

I ordered the spiral version just to give it a whirl.

Comment

Plannerpad

I've taken up the plannerpad with the new year and so far it adds an immediacy to my plans that I didnt sense with PDA's (after using them for over 5 years).

If I may ask, what do users use as categories for the top portion? I'm working on mine, but havent come to a complete list yet. "Sharpen the Saw" is one. "Projets" is another (to be addressed this week) and "IDEAS" is another.

Comment

Re: Plannerpad

Originally posted by dal1mdm
            it adds an immediacy to my plans that I didnt sense with PDA's (after using them for over 5 years).
            I've had a similar experience with PDAs.

For a variety of reasons, I've reverted back to using Time/Design (www.timedesign.com) for my GTD system. Iíve simply found it overall faster and most invisible when Iím applying the GTD concepts - mostly organize & review phases.

Itís nothing inherently bad about electronic or good about paper, more about what works best for me and in my situation (something DA stresses in the GTD Fast audio program).

Mark

Comment

Anyone have any preference as to spiral-bound v. loose leaf? I think I'm going to give Plannerpads a try, and I'm debating...when I used Franklin Covey, it seemed like I used an awful lost of special pages just because I could...what has been the experience of others?

Comment

Loose Leaf

I'm using loose leaf and it works pretty well, but dont think you can go out and find a binder that will fit. They are hard time.

I may try spiral next time. Might be nice down the road to have a library of these if they do become a good working document.

Mark in Texas

Comment

Question:

It appears the refill pages for the Time Design system are either A4 or A5 sizes, not US standard sizes. Two questions: Will these fit in US standard size binders and, if so, which sizes? And, I found a site on the web that translates A5 sized paper to 5-7/8" by 8-1/4" (approx) and A4 sized paper to 8.27" by 11.69" (approx.) -- are those correct, because on the Time Design website they say the "Executive Size" is A4 while the "Compact Size" is A5, which seems backwards to me. (OK, maybe that's more than two questions . . .)

Anyway, I have a "junior" sized 7-ring Franklin Covey binder that I would consider using -- which, if either, of the two Time Design refill sizes would fit?

Randy

Comment

I bought a Planner Pad two weeks ago and dinked around with whether or not to keep it. I spent some time over the weekend getting some things set up for the new year, and decided to give it a shot. I started setting it up, and then said, "Nah - this isn't going to work." But I persevered through setting up the calendars and planning my week, and the more I worked on it, the more I liked it. I suspect it's going to be very helpful.

The spiral one is only about $26, I believe, and it does come with an unconditional money-back guarantee. I'd suggest it - I've used Franklin, DayTimer, and a PDA in the past, managing my time this past year with only a notetaker wallet and monthl-spread calendar. But this looks like the best thing for me at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by AMS
                      Anyone have any preference as to spiral-bound v. loose leaf? I think I'm going to give Plannerpads a try, and I'm debating...when I used Franklin Covey, it seemed like I used an awful lost of special pages just because I could...what has been the experience of others?
                      I like the spiral bound Pad, because they don't take up as much space in my carry-on luggage as the loose leaf one.

Comment

Dear Mr Michael Hyatt, please post your comments about this system.

Other people too, but I am looking for people that use a lot of electronic things.

Comment

My system is primarily PDA/desktop software-based. However, during my weekly review, I plot out some highlights of what I would like to accomplish the following week in much the same way as the Plannerpad system (I use 11" x 17" paper divided by hand into columns representing the days of the week). I like that aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmarkey
                            My system is primarily PDA/desktop software-based. However, during my weekly review, I plot out some highlights of what I would like to accomplish the following week in much the same way as the Plannerpad system (I use 11" x 17" paper divided by hand into columns representing the days of the week). I like that aspect of it.

After you define all those, did you enter those in the palm or just keep the paper for the next wr?

Comment

I've ordered the spiral one - I also like the space-saving nature of it versus the loose-leaf. Where do you keep your checklists and other extra stuff? Or maybe I should just wait until I get the planner and it will become obvious...

Comment

Working...
                              X