Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sales & GTD Question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales & GTD Question

Hello,
    As an outside salesperson I was curious as to how many of you would handle the following. When I am prospecting and want to get an appointment with a potential new client, do I put this client down on my Project List, then add him to my calls list until I secure my first appointment or would you just put them on calls immediately and leave him there until I've made contact?
    Thanks

The answer may depend upon the sheer volume of prospects you are working with, as well as whether you are cultivating one-shot sales events or repetitive business. However, for me each potential customer is an independent project and my N/A is to make substantive contact in person, by email, by phone, etc. The successful outcome of the project is almost universal, which I express generally as:

Successful outcome = "Customer (xxx) is an engaged, satisfied customer"
    This means there is an ongoing relationship of some type with the customer in which they & I are currently satisfied with whatever is going on with that relationship.

Comment

Working...
    X