Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psychic Ram = 4

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychic Ram = 4

Last edited by CosmoGTD; 03-31-2006, 12:54 PM.

Thanks!

Coz,

thank you for this interesting report. In my work as an occupational safety engineer at a hospital I sometimes get reports about employees having an accident at work that was caused by stress and too much information, e.g. surgeons cutting themself into the finger or hand while working in the emergency operating room.

Rainer

Comment

Then i notice what i am feeling/thinking...and do some CBT or REBT on it, if i am having some Anxious thoughts, or worry, and then I Dispute the irrational thoughts that are causing the trouble.

What's CBT and REBT?

Comment

CBT=Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

REBT=Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy

I've heard of the first, but not the latter. It's a fairly effective tool for dealing with anxiety. I'd also add EMDR = Eye movement decensitization and reprocessing.

Comment

In addition to this study, I'd point out that the more "expert" you become at a given task, the larger chunks you can handle. A whole series of steps become so automatic that it's only 1 item in your brain, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, a total beginner has to break down the task into so few steps they're constantly referring back to the instructions/roadmap/expert for validation and to confirm what the next step is.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmoGTD
            EMDR has been discredited, i would not recommend it.
            http://skepdic.com/emdr.html
            We're getting a little off topic here, but I wouldn't say EMDR has been discredited. It has been criticized, yes. But it's also been praised and shown to be effective.

Comment

IMHO EMDR works, at least for me. I mentioned it in another forum, and someone said it worked for them too. CBT does have more research and people behind it.

I don't know (some say nobody knows) why EMDR works, all I know is I feel better when I do it. It's not rocket science, just try it and see if it works for you.

PS - everything has been "discredited" by someone. I recently read a story about someone from the Flat Earth Society looking at pictures of the Earth from Space. He said "It's amazing what a well rendered fake can do."

Comment

Coz,

Your life became colorful. Is it GTD side effect?

TesTeq

Comment

... the alleged nature and limits of Psychic Ram.
                  How do I know when my psychic Ram is full? When I put the cereal in the refrigerator and the milk in the cabinets.

Comment

Note that this is a study dealing with people trying to remember completely unfamiliar, essentially random variables.

I believe that our ability to remember relevant, non-random data is much better than this. And how much random data do you really have to memorize in your life?

Comment

Working...
                    X