Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any more users of PlannerPads out there?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more users of PlannerPads out there?

I have seen a lot of previous posts from users of PlannerPads on this forum, but have not seen anything for a while. I have the Executive size planner with the nice leather cover. I love the focus of the week. I put my major roles for the section at the top and record the 2-5 major goals/outcomes for each one that I wish to focus on for the week. The only drawback I have right now, albeit a minor one, is that this size planner with the leather cover is heavy and bulky!

Are there anymore success stories out there from fellow GTD and PlannerPad users?

Longstreet

Planner Pad

I use the next smaller size (junior?) that is 8.5 * 5.5. I use an indexed journal in the back for notes and action items. I love the weekly planning aspect of planner pads plus having a whole year in a relatively small notebook. I use wire bound as opposed to the binder (which was too bulky).

Comment

Planner Pads

I decided to try the Planner Pad after reading the earlier threads. I have the smaller 6 3/4 by 8 1/2 version and would feel lost without it. I use it every day to keep track of all my activities and to-do items. As I progress through the year, I can also look back to see on what date certain activities were accomplished. I also have a Clie, but I find that I am using it less. I bought a Planner Pad for my wife and she finds it useful as well.

Comment

I went from Palm to Plannerpad early this year, and have been very pleased. I also use the spiral-bound notebook, and keep a small lined notebook in the back for action lists (something I probably picked up from carriekris in the earlier Plannerpad thread - thanks!). At first I had problems running out of space for to-do's, but the notebook in the back solved that problem and I've been humming right along for 3-4 months now.

Comment

After reading about the Plannerpad here, I purchased one last July. I had tried many different systems but this is the one that I've used the most consistently for the longest period of time. As others have already expressed, I love the fact that it is spiral bound and it has a weekly focus (these preferences may be due to years of making up lesson plans). I also like the fact that you can change categories as often as needed. When I reorder, I plan on purchasing the inside pockets.

One tip that others may find useful - I use a highlighter to go over the action items I've already completed. As the week goes on, the page gets more colorful! It looks much neater than if I crossed out the item and it allows me to go back and reread items if necessary.

I am still tweaking my system. I'm not completely satisfied with the way I've used the pages in the back. What are the rest of you doing?

Comment

I try to order one but got no response from the company (I live in Thailand), so I use excel to create my own forms [Yearly, Monthly, Weekly, Project(Grand), Project (Small), Someday/Maybe and Cornell Note).

After using this mock-up for 2 weeks, I stop using palm as organize altogether. However, my system is under the development and will soon have more form.

Comment

PlannerPad binder system

PlannerPad is the best weekly layout that I've seen. I've checked out everything and it is really is the best. I found that it's best to put the loose leaf PlannerPad in a full-size three-ring binder. I used Dave Allen's GTD recommendations to set up the tabs. Coupling the PlannerPad weekly calendar with GTD has been dynamite! Per Dave Allen, I tabbed in following in my binder:
              Notes/"In"
              Calendar (your PLannerPad)
              Action Lists
              Projects/Goals
              Agendas
              Project Planning/Notes
              Reference/Misc.
              Tel/Add.
              It's been awesome.
              If you decide to do this you may find it a bit bulky. Especially if you have used other systems like a PDA or a smaller more portable paper based system. But I found that the biggest benefit was having everything in one place. For example, when I go to meetings the binder is with me and I don't have to bring an extra pad of paper. You can jot meeting notes, etc into your binder. Even journal or if you keep a daily diary, suggest you create a tab for that also.
              To keep the weight down, I purge it regularly and file old stuff into a reference binder. Another strategy to keeping the binder slim is to only use the portion of the calendar of maybe two to three months out and a few note paper sheets per tab.
              I use a Ghurka black leather binder: if anyone knows about Ghurka leather-it's extremely expensive. But it gives me a prosperous feeling everytime I open the cover. It's a motivator.
              Does anyone else have a set up like this? Or do you have any other recommendations for setting up a system with PlannerPad?

Comment

Working...
              X