Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planner Pads

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planner Pads

I just received my new Planner Pad in the mail today. I am looking to set it up and thought I would throw out a couple of questions.

How do you manage a large list of projects? My projects would take up more than the weekly page allows.

Does anyone use the goals section in the back for anything other than goals? I thought about creating a master project list on those sheets and then processing them in my weekly review. Just looking for ideas.

Any other tips that might help using GTD methods would be great!

Planner Pads

I add a lined Daytimer journal in the back of the binder (I have the 5 pocket leather binder, spiral bound planner pad system). The front of the journal is used as a journal for notes. On some pages, I put lots of NA associated with that project and note the number in the index on the front. I capture my action items that I accumulate during the day starting from the back of the journal.

When I have a controllable number of action items, paper is sufficient. At this time, I keep a computer list (can print out and stick in binder). So I transfer the items from my journal into my computer list at least weekly. I put a symbol on the top of the page when that page is processed.

On the planner pad itself, I use the top to list projects that must get done. I can refer to the journal page number for all NA associated. The middle is for tasks or projects that must occur that day - as with the calendar. On the long column on the right goes all the personal things I want to do that week.

The extra pages in the planner pad are used for reference data - British Airways frequent flier number, vacation days used, etc.

Hope this helps

Comment

I think there's a few other threads on planner pads you can look at also.
      Different people on this board have tried them from time to time.

Comment

Working...
      X