Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Question for those owning Notetaker wallets Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those owning Notetaker wallets

I'm considering purchasing one.
    I'm admittedly turned off by the price, but it's also the smallest wallet/notepad that I have found, which is important to me as I don't like carrying around a large wallet.

However, I have a question for those who own one.
    How many credit cards/IDs/etc. will the wallet effectively hold?

All answers appreciated.
    Steve

Notetaker Wallet

It holds two, unless you want a fat wallet and squeeze a few more in.

Comment

NoteTaker Wallet holds...

Hi,

In mine I have:

Three Credit cards
      USATriathlon card
      Minister's credential
      Eye perscription
      Blue Cross Medical card
      $100 cash
      8 business cards
      Borders/Barnes and Noble discount cards
      2 NYC Metro cards
      Red Carpet Club Card
      Jamba Juice gift card
      Border's gift card

and, of course,
      a Note Pad
      and a pen!

Comment

I use a Wenger Mini Pad Folio. At $15.99, it's much cheaper than the "official" wallet, though I can't vouch for the difference in quality since I haven't used the latter. I keep my cash (folded), credit cards, insurance cards, library cards, etc. in the wallet with no problem. And I personally prefer Wenger's ruled pads to the unruled pads, but either set of pads will fit in either wallet.

The pen that's issued with the wallet is terrible, so I'd recommend purchasing a pair of Zebra retractable pens, which are around $5 a set at Office Depot and Office Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Womack
          Hi,

In mine I have:

Three Credit cards
          USATriathlon card
          Minister's credential
          Eye perscription
          Blue Cross Medical card
          $100 cash
          8 business cards
          Borders/Barnes and Noble discount cards
          2 NYC Metro cards
          Red Carpet Club Card
          Jamba Juice gift card
          Border's gift card

and, of course,
          a Note Pad
          and a pen!
          I don't have as much as Jason, but I've got:

2 Credit Cards
          Drivers License
          USCF Racing/Coaching License
          Med. Insurance Card
          Co. Flex Card
          PBA Card
          Costco Membership Card
          AAA Card
          Bike Shop discount card
          Pad
          Pen

And... it's still thinner than my previous wallet! This thing rocks! Yeah, it's a little pricey, but I can't tell you how many times the pad/pen have come in handy. Well worth the price of admission.

Comment

Wenger Mini Folio

Any idea who may still have the Wenger Mini Folio in stock?

Comment

International Pocket Briefcase?

I'm considering getting a NoteTaker Wallet, but I really prefer using index cards for on-the-fly writing so I'm also tempted by Levenger's international pocket briefcase. Anyone tried using one of these as a wallet? Does the size work, or is it too big?

Comment

Sorry to get your hopes up. The original link from the thread that tipped me off to buy the Wenger back in December was http://www.avenuesinleather.com/bizgear.htm. Unfortunately, that particular product no longer shows up on the page. The resellers I've looked up are all out of stock on it. So it looks like the tables have turned: Davidco has their product in stock, but their competition doesn't. The PadFolio is ostensibly out of production.

Another alternative is Levenger's Swift Notes Pad Holder.

Comment

Pocket Briefcase

I've owned the pocket briefcase for a couple of years. . .

Everynow and then I try to start using it, but it is just a little too big and there is no sorting to the pockets. I wouldn't give it a thumbs down as it is as advertised, but I can't give it a thumbs up, because it just doesn't work for me.

So, I am looking at this thread to see if maybe I should take the leap on the Notetaker wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameboy70
                    Sorry to get your hopes up. The original link from the thread that tipped me off to buy the Wenger back in December was http://www.avenuesinleather.com/bizgear.htm. Unfortunately, that particular product no longer shows up on the page. The resellers I've looked up are all out of stock on it. So it looks like the tables have turned: Davidco has their product in stock, but their competition doesn't. The PadFolio is ostensibly out of production.
                    You may be able to get it here, but at a higher price that mentioned in a previous post:

http://www.ecworldimports.com/weswarlemifo.html

If you look at the individual prices of the pen, refills, and pads, they are approximately half the cost of the Notetaker wallet set. Fine leather isn't cheap.

Carolyn
                    Last edited by ceehjay; 07-02-2005, 06:03 AM.

Comment

3X5 Wallet

For those who favor 3x5 cards for note taking I have a jotter from http://www.traveltools.com/jotters.htm that I like a lot.

Seems to hold a bit more stuff (5 CC slots), but it's also a bit bigger (owing to the 3x5 format)

Comment

Originally posted by ceehjay
                        You may be able to get it here, but at a higher price that mentioned in a previous post:

http://www.ecworldimports.com/weswarlemifo.html

If you look at the individual prices of the pen, refills, and pads, they are approximately half the cost of the Notetaker wallet set. Fine leather isn't cheap.
                        I'd do it all over again at twice the original $15 price. Besides, Wenger does still make their pad refills availble on their website. I bought a set last month for $7, which included shipping. The Zebra pens come in packs of two for $5 in stores, and the packs include two replacement cartridges!

The one feature of the Davidco Notetaker Wallet that I find attractive as a southpaw is the notepad's positioning on the right side instead of the left, like the Wenger. So take your handedness into consideration when deciding which would be the better option.

Comment

Although not available online, I just bought a Wenger Mini Folio at my local Staples. Whoever put a Staples right next to where my wife works and hence where I was already going is an evil, evil person. An evil person with more of my money today.

Those looking for a Wenger might find it helpful, if you're in an area served by one or more of the big office supply companies, to call around and see if anyone has one in stock.

I'm not completely convinced that it will replace my Hipster PDA but you can't beat it's portability.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsujin
                            I'm considering getting a NoteTaker Wallet, but I really prefer using index cards for on-the-fly writing so I'm also tempted by Levenger's international pocket briefcase. Anyone tried using one of these as a wallet? Does the size work, or is it too big?
                            I have a Levenger pocket briefcase also. I have found that it works as a wallet. It seems a little big though. I too am looking at David's notetaker wallet as an option. I have looked for a note pad to work with the pocket briefcase. I think it was designed to work with 3 x 5 cards only.

David said in an earlier post on his blog that he was teaming up with Levenger in later summer or early fall. It may be worthwhile to wait and see what they come up with working together.

Comment

Anyone use both a Notetaker-style wallet and a PDA? How do you use each? Where do you draw the lines?

C

Comment

Working...
                              X