Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need "Map" quote from Ready for Anything

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need "Map" quote from Ready for Anything

I own the audible version of "Ready for Anything". I remember a quote about "A map is useless unless you know where you are starting from".

Because I can't easily find that quote without relistening, can someone let me know the exact wording and whether it is from David Allen or from another author (etc.)

Thanks!!!

"A map is not functional until you know where you are on it. Locating yourself in space and time provides a reference for motion: how much is required and in what direction" (and goes on a little more).

It's the intro paragraph to principle 4 "Getting to where you're going requires knowing where you are". It's on page 12 in the hardback version.

Comment

Getting Everything Done

Hi all I'm really enjoying all of the suggestions in this 'Getting Things Done' forum. Does anyone know if there's a forum set up for 'Ready for Anything'? Thx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizedChuck
        Hi all I'm really enjoying all of the suggestions in this 'Getting Things Done' forum. Does anyone know if there's a forum set up for 'Ready for Anything'? Thx in advance
        I've read Getting Things Done and am in the middle of Ready for Anything. Ready for Anything just seems to be more of the theory behind Getting Things Done. So I would say this forum should cover both.

Comment

Originally posted by 8Kids
          I own the audible version of "Ready for Anything". I remember a quote about "A map is useless unless you know where you are starting from".

Because I can't easily find that quote without relistening, can someone let me know the exact wording and whether it is from David Allen or from another author (etc.)

Thanks!!!
          I think it's on the 1st CD (out of 3 CDs) -- about 20 min into the CD

Comment

Getting Things Done.

You cannot discuss RfA without GTD so I do not think there should be any additional forum.

Comment

Yahoo Ready4Anything Group

Does anyone know if there's a forum set up for 'Ready for Anything'? Thx in advance
              http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ready4Anything/ is the URL for a not-so-active discussion group focused on "Ready for Anything". The archives are probably good even if it doesn't seem to be active at the moment.

Comment

If you want to see the entire quote, go to Amazon.com and use the Search Inside The Book option.

Just put in the quote that ericlechner provided.

Comment

Working...
                X