Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Managing Contexts - again... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing Contexts - again...

I travel quite a lot in my job, and a lot of my next actions can only be done when I am visiting a particular location. Up to now, I've tried to group the NA's using an "@agenda" context, but the list is just getting too large.

So I'm trying to decide between two solutions:

Solution A: Use "@location" context.
    This solution means I would use one context "@location", with the first word of the NA being the location where the NA has to be done. For example: context = @location, NA = London: talk to B. about order

Solution B: Use different location contexts.
    This solution means I would use a different context for each location. For example:
    @London: NA = Talk to B. about order
    @Birmingham: NA = See C. about new furniture.

I could just try them and see what works, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience or advice they would like to share!

Thanks very much in advance,

Mark.

If these are really NAs you can only (or are only willing to) do in, say, London, then I'd have an @London context. Using an @location context would just give you one more list to look through: if I'm in London, I don't need to wade through NAs I can only do in Birmingham. That, to me, is the power of contexts: that you've decided up front where you can do these NAs, and then when you are in that context you can just "crank through them."

I would only use an @location context if there were some technical reason to do so: if you were using categories on a palm for your contexts, for example, and didn't have enough of them to spare, or some such.

Comment

Working...
    X