Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting Things Done and Myers-Briggs Types Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Things Done and Myers-Briggs Types

This is going to be a bit controversial, but I wanted the opinions of experienced GTD users about this:

Do you think GTD is the best overall organizational system for everyone? If you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs types, the last letter in the personality type system is J (Judging) or P (Perceiving). I believe Judgers will do very well with GTD, while Preceivers will have a hard time and may be better suited to some other type of system.

Thoughts?

Or else...

P (Perceiving). I believe Judgers will do very well with GTD, while Preceivers will have a hard time and may be better suited to some other type of system.

On the other hand, Perceivers have this nice open-ended list of Next Actions for as many projects as they like, instead of a confining prioritized To-Do List. It has a minimalist priority scheme to keep them at least in Earth orbit (Hard landscape/scheduled, Next Action, Someday/Maybe). They are encouraged to capture everything that comes into their heads. What system could be better for a Perceiver?

Comment

Different strokes...

Originally posted by TheRazor
      This is going to be a bit controversial, but I wanted the opinions of experienced GTD users about this:

Do you think GTD is the best overall organizational system for everyone?
      Thoughts?
      I don't think there is any one system that is best for everyone. Different people respond to different things. I think GTD is very good and I've seen it work very well for a lot of people, but I don't think it will necessarily work for everybody.

Comment

I am absolutely positive GTD won't work for everyone.

So what?

Comment

I'm a strong perceiver and I love GTD because I don't have to structure my life - I can do as I want in the moment and know that I am making choices from a complete list of things to do. That's the difficulty I've always encountered with other time management paths. This gives me as base from which to operate without being too concrete.

Comment

]On the other hand, Perceivers have this nice open-ended list of Next Actions for as many projects as they like, instead of a confining prioritized To-Do List. It has a minimalist priority scheme to keep them at least in Earth orbit (Hard landscape/scheduled, Next Action, Someday/Maybe). They are encouraged to capture everything that comes into their heads. What system could be better for a Perceiver?
            I agree... while I do have to be somewhat rigorous in collecting and processing, the actual *doing* can be very intuitive and flowing.

Comment

[Myers-Briggs Types] Personality Type and Organizing Style

Janet Barclay has some information on "Personality Type and Organizing Style" at http://www.organizedassistant.com/resources_type.htm.

BTW, I'm somewhere between INTJ and INTP.

Rainer

---------------------------------------------------
              Chaos always wins, because it's better organized.
              Last edited by Rainer Burmeister; 08-26-2005, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pageta
                I'm a strong perceiver and I love GTD because I don't have to structure my life - I can do as I want in the moment and know that I am making choices from a complete list of things to do. That's the difficulty I've always encountered with other time management paths. This gives me as base from which to operate without being too concrete.
                I agree, I am the same. I am a strong perceiver as well and GTD has been changing my life ever since I started implementing.

Comment

Working...
                X