Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for how people handle people contents...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for how people handle people contents...

Just wanted to get some ideas for how people handle "people" contexts. I currently put people-related stuff under either "@Agendas" (I need to talk to them) or "Waiting For" (They owe me) or "Commitments" (I promised them something - more of a red flag for me).

How fine do people break out their "@Agendas" stuff? I just kind of look at the list to see if there's anything I can do now, since I can contact a given person a number of ways (e-mail, call, see them if they're at the office).

I've seen lists like
    @Agendas
    @Calls - Work Hours
    @Calls - Personal Hours
    @Calls - Evening

etc.

Someone I work with regularly gets their own context. Things I need to contact clients about go in an @Client context.

My system allows multiple contexts per NA, though. If I need to email a client to followup on some information I need, the item might be @Email, @Client, and also @Waiting For.

What contexts put the information in front of you when you're in a position to act on it?

Katherine

Comment

I have "Call during work hours" and "Call during evenings/weekends" lists, and if I'm going to meet with someone, I'll often build a list of things that I want to discuss (or physical items to bring or take away). I have a permanent list for visits to my parents, where it seems there's always something I want to bring or take back home.

Comment

Working...
      X