Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future NAs - how to avoid looking at them?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future NAs - how to avoid looking at them?

Say, I have a NA that will be done in four months time. If I enter it in a NA list, it means that I will invariably look at it every day and every week when I do the daily and weekly reviews respectively. How do you tackle such a problem, given that one may have many such future NAs to handle?

Depends on your tools

It all depends on the tools you are using to implement GTD.

If you use Outlook, LB, Bonsai, etc you can create a filter on the date field.

If you have a paper system, you could put it in your tickler file.

Comment

Thank you. I think I can adapt your suggestion to my system.

Comment

Good use for tickler or calendar

Originally posted by DoingIt
        Say, I have a NA that will be done in four months time. If I enter it in a NA list, it means that I will invariably look at it every day and every week when I do the daily and weekly reviews respectively. How do you tackle such a problem, given that one may have many such future NAs to handle?
        When I have these, I simply put "Add XYZ on my NA list" on that day in Outlook. Nice and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by DoingIt
          For me there are 2 ways...

If the project is waiting for that N/A, therefore in hold for 9 months, I move the project to SM and add a note in my tickler file 2 or 3 days before...

If the project is moving or will be moving for the next months, I keep my project active and trow a note in my tickler file...

In conclusion, the future NA will be moved to my tickler file since will not happened soon enough to keep track of that.

Comment

Working...
          X