Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best Seller List Statistics? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seller List Statistics?

Does anyone have any statistics on how long "Getting Things Done" has been on the best sellers list or any way to find this information out easily?

From DA's recent blog entry (http://www.davidco.com/blogs/david/a..._the_rise.html)
    "GTD made #1 in this month's Business Week bestseller list, as well as making it to the NY times bestseller list of advice paperbacks."
    I looked out at the NY Times and the Business Week sites, but couldn't find the information easily.

Thanks in advance for any help in finding this information.

Regards,
    Kurt

http://www.businessweek.com/pdfs/200...bestseller.pdf

Comment

Thanks Jethro. I wasn't completely clear in my original post. I had already found the same information that you posted; I'm looking for more historical information.

For example, I know GTD was published in January 2001 (paperback in December 2002), but what I don't know are:
      • When did it first show up on a best seller list? (NYTimes? Business Week? Other?)
      • How long was it on the best seller list?
      • When was it not on the best seller list?
      • When did it hit number one?

I'm trying to gather this information as a more empirical justification for GTD other than "I think it's pretty good." for some people at my company.

Thanks,
      Kurt

Comment

If I needed that information, I'd call either David Allen Co. or the publisher and ask them. Or else the editors who produce the list you're interested in.

I'm not sure I see how this data supports your case for GTD, though. In my experience, book sales numbers and helpfulness don't have much to do with each other.

Katherine

Comment

Working...
        X