Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
its all jumbpled together. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its all jumbpled together.

I am mostly done with the book, and am wanting to go ahead and start the process of gathering everything into in to start processing it.

My biggest problem is I am kinda confused.

I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions.

So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists?

Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...

the lists thing still has me a bit confused.

Thanks

Originally posted by percent20
    I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions.

So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists?

Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...
    Yes, there are 4 basic lists.

Only the next action list is organized by context, since the context defines the resources needed to do the action.

Katherine

Comment

4 key action categories

Originally posted by percent20
      I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions. ... So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists? Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...
      I like to think of there being 4 key action categories:
      • Projects
      • Calendar
      • Next Actions
      • Waiting for
      Most people further subdivide Next Actions into contexts, i.e., where it's possible to do them, so that they don't waste time looking at inappropriate work. These are typically @Agendas, @Anywhere, @Calls, @Computer, @Errands, @Home, and @Office.

In addition are folders for project support, and Someday/Maybe.

You're doing great - stick with it. I think it will "click" as you get deeper into it.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys I think i am getting it slowly but surely.

Comment

Working...
        X