• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

No announcement yet.

My GTD implementation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GTD implementation

Howdy all - just wanted to introduce myself... I've been reading sites (LifeHacker, Black Belt Productivity, etc) for quite a while now and FINALLY had the time to put GTD into practice.

I thought the book was fantastic but due to my over-active brain I found it necessary (and really beneficial) to take notes and document while reading.

I documented my initial setup this past weekend on my site ( and plan on continuing to document the ride!

Thanks everyone for sharing your tips, thoughts and ideas here and elsewhere - it's been a big help to me (and I'm sure many many others).

All the best!

Good to read your site, and glad that it seems to be going well for you!

One comment: In my experience, there are no "best practices." There are simply practices that work well for some, and not so well for others. It's like writing: Some writers absolutely need to create an outline before writing, while for others an outline kills their creativity.

I've also found that many practices--personal productivity practices in particular--are best discovered while actually practicing one's system, and must be refined in the fires of everyday living.

Smooth site. I will stay tuned.