Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teach me More to GTD than I Know !!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me More to GTD than I Know !!

elo ppl ,

I am a student right now ,learning commerce and psychology,and just started practising meditation,so stress is off my chart list from some weeks.

I need a lil help from the experienced and non-experienced in how else can i implement GTD ,coz what I've used ,i like it , or I can modify

suprisingly my GTD implementation is so simple that I am scared i haven't implied it at all !!!

All on computer ,

for my capturing process, i fire up

Mindjet MindManager ,and everything I can think of is on a mindmap , everything , using mindmap it's easy to categorize em in the mindmap itself.

to process

I transfer my tasks to outlook ,and I sync em to my pocetpc ,using Pocket informant & Agenda fusion , in which I've categorized everything under 2 categories which have their own subcategories

@act -> contains next action sort of list such as

@Act..Study
    @Act..Call
    @Act..Delegate
    @Act..Phone
    ---
    @location is the second one

where all locations such as college,office,home,online etc are taken

--
    @tools is one which I hardly use,which has something like pens,colors , basically something very specific if needed to complete a task

whenever I go at someplace,i simply search on the basis of location ,or If I am doing a certain action .say call,i will again do a check on @act..call

-------

project implementation as of right now , now refined.very crass method
    that's all folks as of right now.

how else can i improve my efficiency ,what have i missed,what more can i do ?

Honestly, it looks fine to me.

Are you feeling that this is inadequate?

Comment

thanx brent, not idadequate,

actually i wanted to know any thing else i can implement ?

Also some more info on horizontal and vertical view integration ?
      Last edited by pakiyabhai; 06-25-2006, 12:08 AM.

Comment

There are many other things you could implement, but you're entering dangerous territory here. There's always something else to try, but that won't necessarily make you more productive/efficient/etc. Indeed, it will often have you running around in circles.

The big question is, what do you need? Once you've satisfied that, what do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by pakiyabhai
          I transfer my tasks to outlook ,and I sync em to my pocetpc ,using Pocket informant & Agenda fusion , in which I've categorized everything under 2 categories which have their own subcategories

@act -> contains next action sort of list such as

@Act..Study
          @Act..Call
          @Act..Delegate
          @Act..Phone
          ---
          @location is the second one

where all locations such as college,office,home,online etc are taken

--
          @tools is one which I hardly use,which has something like pens,colors , basically something very specific if needed to complete a task

whenever I go at someplace,i simply search on the basis of location ,or If I am doing a certain action .say call,i will again do a check on @act..call

-------

project implementation as of right now , now refined.very crass method
          that's all folks as of right now.

how else can i improve my efficiency ,what have i missed,what more can i do ?

I think I would skip @Delegate and maybe @Study depending what that means. You can delegate at a certain place (@Location in your terms, when see someone - @Agenda) or by a tool (@Computer or @Phone) so @Delegate category is not needed in this case. If you tell me what is the meaning of @Study then we could understand if that's skipable (you could also use @Location instead for example).

Regards,

Eugene.

Comment

@study is for the action of studying , since i am a student,this is my major action

@delegate ,is used in context with @location or @computer in sense ,if there is some work I have in college ,which i can't do unless he does it ,or he has to do it, i use delegate.

I hope i am clear

Comment

Working...
            X