Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quotes

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes

Does anyone have a good method of storing quotations. I use Bonsai (which is great for GTD) but I can't seem to use it store quotes as I would like.

Cheers
    Neil - looking forward to attending the roadmap this month

simple text file?

How complex are your needs? I.e., thousands of quotes? I just have a plain text file, and use emacs to search through it. I also 'tag' items via a simple wiki-like convention (more here if you're interested).

Comment

Bonsai? My two cents...

Originally posted by neil007
      Does anyone have a good method of storing quotations. I use Bonsai (which is great for GTD) but I can't seem to use it store quotes as I would like.

Cheers
      Neil - looking forward to attending the roadmap this month
      I am not familiar with Bonsai (well, actually I am a Bonsai hobbiest, but I am not familiar with the software/system by that title). However, I have been keeping quotes in my journal software (http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/)and have been quite happy with it. I put key words (for searching) in all caps and small font at the beginning of each quote. At the end I put the source, followed by where and when I have used it.

Got a link for Bonsai?

Best wishes,

Comment

Bonsai

its superb for GTD - it lets you connect projects to NA's and filter by context

www.natura.com

Originally posted by Eutychus
        I am not familiar with Bonsai (well, actually I am a Bonsai hobbiest, but I am not familiar with the software/system by that title). However, I have been keeping quotes in my journal software (http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/)and have been quite happy with it. I put key words (for searching) in all caps and small font at the beginning of each quote. At the end I put the source, followed by where and when I have used it.

Got a link for Bonsai?

Best wishes,

Comment

Error

sorry its natara.com

Comment

I blog mine.

Comment

I keep them in Evernote (www.evernote.com ). You can tag them any way you want and it is searchable.

FYI, here is a good quote site www.brainyquote.com

Comment

Working...
              X