Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready for anything

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for anything

im a new member here and have been using DA's methods for about 5 months already. im thinking about getting 'ready for anything' but having qualms that it might contain information that i could already find in forums like this one. any recommendations for the book?

It's a great book. Sure, these forums and others around are excellent, but I think the book is really worth the few bucks. I've read it several times- there's always something new to find in there.

Originally posted by samilator
    im a new member here and have been using DA's methods for about 5 months already. im thinking about getting 'ready for anything' but having qualms that it might contain information that i could already find in forums like this one. any recommendations for the book?

Comment

thanks thoppa. ive browsed the book and saw that some of the chapters were the same with some of the newletters.. so i thought it was just a compilation of previous forums and newsletters. but im getting the book anyways. just wanted some reassurance. cheers!

Comment

You won't find tons of new material in RFA. Most of it is further explaination of GTD.

It is a great way for you to reinforce your GTD system and gain new insights. Follow the recommendation to read and implement one chapter a week. Well, worth the investment.

Comment

Great Book

I really enjoyed RFA because it showed the principles behind GTD. Whereas I felt GTD was fairly technical, RFA is more of the big ideas behind the system. I regularly read RFA for more tips and tricks I might have forgotten about. Once you are on the GTD bandwagon- RFA gives you nice daily doses of GTD Zen.

Comment

GTD is a journey, not a single next action. Once you have the basics, constant and regular reinforcement is a key.

To achieve this, re-reading GTD, reading RFA, listening to the audio program, going to a GTD Roadmap, and participating in GTD Connect are all great ways to reinforce the behavious - to develop them into habits.

I love the concept of RFA being a way to get a "daily dose of GTD Zen". Thanks gtderik.

Comment

i got the book and read 2 chapters already. the book does provide good motivation to get back to the system after falling behind... thanks. ill get back to my reading now.

Comment

i got the book and read 2 chapters already. the book does provide good motivation to get back to the system after falling behind... thanks. ill get back to my reading now.
                If you like, there is a Yahoogroup starting up this week to read RFA chapter by chapter. You can join at their Yahoogroups site.

Comment

The book is definitely worth getting. Besides, you generally can't bring the forums into a bathroom and RFA is GREAT BATHROOM READING! It is on my @bathroom list!

Comment

Originally posted by 12hourhalfday
                    The book is definitely worth getting. Besides, you generally can't bring the forums into a bathroom and RFA is GREAT BATHROOM READING! It is on my @bathroom list!
                    The scary thing is that you have an @bathroom list.

The scarier thing is that I know someone who installed WiFi, and the *FIRST* place he tested it was on the throne.

Comment

Great idea to have @bathroom list. I could suggest it to split it further

Comment

Originally posted by 12hourhalfday
                        Quick technical question here: Do you split your @bathroom list into an @bathroomwork and @bathroomhome? Or are you one of those lucky work at home types? What if your house has multiple bathrooms?

Might I suggest the following project?
                        Project: Read forums in bathroom.
                        N/A #1: Skim through recent forums and print favorite threads. @computer
                        N/A #2: Put printed printed copies of forum threads in bathroom. @home
                        N/A #3: Read printed threads. @bathroom

In all seriousness, the book sounds like a good read. I'll have to get a copy.

Comment

Working...
                        X