Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hanging file folders: a picture please Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hanging file folders: a picture please

Can somebody give me a picture of what a hanging file folder is compared to the one DA recommends ('plain folders standing up by themselves in the file drawer, held up by the movable metal plate in the back', p101)?

Hanging Files w/ only one non-hanging file inserted:
    http://flickr.com/photos/mcnicks/130222361/

No Hanging Files:
    http://flickr.com/photos/pg1301/1395...7594123927364/
    (but, no labels, for shame!)

Not my pictures, but GTD on flickr will work everytime.

Comment

Ah, I understand it better now. Tnx for the effort.

Comment

Hi there!

Here is a picture of a hanging file with the apropriate filing cabinet. The files mentioned by David Allen are just without this hanging things and the stand in the drawer.
        Any further questions?

Wolfgang
        Attached Files

Comment

I just didn't know what I should make of the movable metal plate in the back. I thought I misunderstood it all.

Now that I've seen it, I don't think I agree with DA.

Comment

Originally posted by mephisto
            Now that I've seen it, I don't think I agree with DA.
            That's OK. The point is that your files should be easy to use, for you. I prefer hanging folders myself.

Comment

Folders

The plate in the back is to keep the folders collected toward the front so they will stand up. The plate is movable so when folders are added or removed they are still kept standing up.

I use hanging files with many folders in each one, and the hanging files themselves are never removed from the drawer or container.

Comment

Here's a pic of my folders -- w/o hanging files. Hanging files would take up too much room. I like The David's method.

Comment

Working...
                X