Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Do you analyze your @Action list and how? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you analyze your @Action list and how?

I just thought that it could be useful to analyze my list in order to understand if I maybe need to block off some time for doing appropriate Next Actions. For example, I checked my @Actions lists today and found that I have:

Calls - 9
    Computer - 14
    Office - 5

It looks that my @Computer list is too long and maybe I should block off some time to clear it up. Thus I could try to schedule for tomorrow working at my comp.

Do you analyze your list and how? Or you just analyze them only if you have discretionary time?

From http://www.davidco.com/forum/showpos...4&postcount=10

That said, I often recommend putting a "safety net" entry on the calender for the former projects, e.g., "deadline for client x design." This is what David Allen calls day-specific information, and you use it during your review (daily or weekly) to "heat up" the related action(s).
    This "heating up" is basically how I work. Normally I have 1 or 2 big projects that I work on without having to check my lists. Later in the day I flip pages in my calendar and heat up.

Comment

Originally posted by Borisoff View Post
      I just thought that it could be useful to analyze my list in order to understand if I maybe need to block off some time for doing appropriate Next Actions.
      I think a periodic analysis can be instructive. One useful approach is analyzing via the importance/urgency matrix: 1/1 = important and urgent (Q1), 0/1 = less important and urgent, etc. This helps me throw out the less important stuff... More at Managing Priorities

I also find it useful to block out regular time as you suggest. Morgenstern calls this "Time Mapping" - more at Taking Control of Your Days with a Time Map.

Comment

Working...
      X