Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to catagortise regular habits

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to catagortise regular habits

for eg. once a year, i should do taxes, health check up,
    every 2 months, haircut, car maintenace, etc. any ideas would be appreciated. i am trialling the outlook add in and am wondering how to categorise these kinda items.

Originally posted by junkone View Post
    for eg. once a year, i should do taxes, health check up,
    every 2 months, haircut, car maintenace, etc. any ideas would be appreciated. i am trialling the outlook add in and am wondering how to categorise these kinda items.
    Why don't you just 'tickle' these items? Things like this I place on my calendar in Outlook as all day events. I see them coming as part of my weekly review.

Simon

Comment

43 Folders & Checklists

I would say that depending on the item and frequency, that a mix of the 43 Folders system and checklists should help you with this.

Checklists for things that you want to do every morning for example.

43 Folders for single items that have a more distant recurrence is a good solution.

Hope this helps,
      Scott STEPHEN
      O&A Coaching
      Efficacité et productivité sans stress
      http://www.oeta.fr

Comment

Agreed with others; this is what I use the tickler for.

Comment

A slightly different idea:

I have a special category of "maintenance" projects--i.e., stuff in my life that I have to do regularly for the indefinite future. Here are a few examples:

keep house clean
          keep car in good shape
          maintain slick hairdo
          (etc.)

When I review my "maintenance" project list, I immediately think of a bunch of related next actions: bring car to car wash, vacuum living room, etc. I prefer to use project lists for this rather than automatically recurring events in a computer program because it forces me to think of exactly what needs to get done now. (Let's say my hair grew slowly during the last two months; I don't want to get reminders to get a haircut if I don't need one yet. But I do want to be reminded to buy new hair product if I need it.)

Less frequent stuff such as taxes (once a year) would go in the tickler/calendar.

Comment

Hmm...I never thought of it that way, maintenance items. I did like the others and used tickler files. However, dentists appointments perhaps you can do that with because they occur every so often, but I like the idea of "keep car clean." I find myself thinking about and spending some time every now and then about when I am going to wash my car, sometimes about when I am going to clean my room, etc.

Having a maintenance file like that might help, maybe one for house, one for car, one for body (which would include hair, face, etc).

We need more clarification on this, I want to know if anybody else is doing it this way.

Comment

Fronts

Yes, I do it the same way. I have a list called 'fronts' in which I put such items. I look at it in the weekly review, just for triggering actions or projects. In fact that's just what DA calls 'Areas of Responsibility', which just a level higher than projects (20000, I suppose?).

Abhay

Comment

Please see this post

I addressed a similar topic on another post. This method has worked well for me so far.

http://www.davidco.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=13

Comment

Working...
                X