Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paper Trays are for What?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Trays are for What?

Hello All...

Got the Outlook plugin. Now, bought the book.

I'm in Ch.7, and my weekend will be occupied with the big move - buying supplies and even furniture!

A few chapters back David mentioned Paper Trays, side-loading. Got them. He also said 4 was the number, and SOMEWHERE he described WHAT those 4 should contain. I can't seem to those lines. I'm guessing the 4 would be:

Inbox
    Outbox
    Pending
    ???

But.. I'm not sure. Please does anyone know WHERE in the book David describes the 4 trays, and WHAT they are labeled as? Chapter & verse would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks x 1,000,000

Wes
    Last edited by wesooby; 04-09-2008, 04:12 PM.

On page 92:

Paper-Holding Trays
    These will serve as your in-basket and out-basket, with one or two others for work-in-progress support papers and/or your "read and review" stack. The most functional trays are the side-facing letter or legal stackable kinds, which have no "lip" on them to keep you from sliding out a single piece of paper.

So, I think they would be:
    • In-basket
    • Out-basket
    • Work-in-progress support papers
    • Read and Review
    Hope that helps!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Lecter View Post
      So, I think they would be:
      • In-basket
      • Out-basket
      • Work-in-progress support papers
      • Read and Review
      Is the work-in-progress support tray a place where you would put your various checklists and worksheets, etc.? I have been grappling with where I should file such project worksheets and checklists, some of I which I need on a regular basis, but many are random occurrences. I don't need them until I need them, but would like to have them handy for quick access. If not here, where would a good place be to put them?

Comment

Originally posted by sdann View Post
        Is the work-in-progress support tray a place where you would put your various checklists and worksheets, etc.?
        If you use them often enough, then yes, the work-in-progress tray makes sense. If you don't use them often, then they are supplies, and I would file them in a supplies folder in a drawer.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X