Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reqeusting help using To Do -Projects

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reqeusting help using To Do -Projects

Hi to all readers. I am new to GTD and starting to implement it at work using Notes. I am a project manager with a few projects on the boil at any one time, and I'm not sure how to best use the -Projects category in my To Do part of Notes.

Do I open one category per project (I have six running at the moment, various sizes) then create a new To Do for each next step ?

Or one To Do per project, then simply list the steps in the Notes sections ? This is what I have done for my Errands and other tasks, but there are likely to be very many steps / tasks per project and I'm concerned that I'll lose the detail.

I guess it will work either way, but if anyone can offer suggestions about what has / has not worked so well for them I'd be really appreciative.

Notes and GTD

Hi Kristie,

I am using Notes for GTD since some month.

I create a Task with the category projects for each project. I also put the project name as a second category in there (to link n/a to projects later).

Then I create a Task for each n/a or Someday. In each next action I put the project name as a category besides the context category.

It sounds a little bit complicated, but it works fine. Especially since I created buttons for these purposes.

Happy holidays from germany
    Zelda

Comment

Thank you so much Zelda - I hadn't thought of creating a second category and I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X