Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projects List

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projects List

I'm fairly new to GTD and have the communicator and am running into a confusion on Project List and Next Action list.

I understand at the high level what a project is and what a next action is. I guess my confusion lies at the project list, is a project on there till all the next actions are done ? Do you just go back in your weekly review and come up with a next action for each project. If you know multiple next actions from a project should they all be on your next actions list?

Thanks for helping to clear this up.

Originally posted by BMR49ER View Post
    I understand at the high level what a project is and what a next action is. I guess my confusion lies at the project list, is a project on there till all the next actions are done ? Do you just go back in your weekly review and come up with a next action for each project. If you know multiple next actions from a project should they all be on your next actions list?
    Yes, a project stays on the project list until it is finished.

When you finish the current next actions for a project, add more. No need to wait for the weekly review; the review is just to catch any projects that threaten to slip through the cracks.

If you have multiple *independent* next actions, they can all go on the list. Dependent actions -- "can't call Mike until I hear back from Suzy" -- are not immediately doable, so they are not Next Actions (tm). They go in your project planning materials if you need to write them down at all.

Katherine

Comment

Working...
    X