Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resistance to using my system at home

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance to using my system at home

I do not review my home lists and I need help! Why am I so resistant to using my system at home? Has anyone else experienced this and what do you do?

Reviewing at home

If itīs the weekly review that you are referring to, try the webinar, it totally changed the whole review thing for me!

If you mean that you donīt look at your lists when you are at home, Iīd ask whether they include any fun / relaxing next actions or just things you feel you have to / should do? I read here somewhere that if your lists are not attractive to you, they are probably pushing you away. Iīm not nearly as overwhelmed by long lists now that they include also personal and fun things, the sort of things I used to think I donīt need to write down because I will do them anyway or they arenīt so important.

Especially at home I felt like I deserved to rest and relax, not work on any list. Now that relaxing is also on the list, itīs more attractive for me to take a look at and both the "shoulds" and "want tos" seem to get done, at least the most important ones.

Iīd also ask what kind of list manager you use? I work with a computer all day in the office so at home I sometimes donīt feel like getting to the computer to look at my lists, so it helps to print my @home list before leaving office and then just put in on the door of my fridge and keep it paper based and only update on computer during weekly review.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer View Post

If you mean that you donīt look at your lists when you are at home, Iīd ask whether they include any fun / relaxing next actions or just things you feel you have to / should do? I read here somewhere that if your lists are not attractive to you, they are probably pushing you away. Iīm not nearly as overwhelmed by long lists now that they include also personal and fun things, the sort of things I used to think I donīt need to write down because I will do them anyway or they arenīt so important.

That hit's the nail on the head! I have not added the fun relaxing stuff to my home lists so since I get off workl and go home the last thing I want to do is be productive! This is great advice Flyer! thank you!

Comment

New Items on my @home

I just added some fun and relaxing items-
        • Lounge for 5 minutes
        • Read for 15 minutes
        • Watch instant plays on netflix
        • Practice Iaido in the backyard
        • Go in the pool
        • Go for a photo walk.

Lets see if this is motivating.

Comment

Why should you do anything at home? Just relax and do nothing. Take your time!

Comment

Originally posted by igr View Post
            Why should you do anything at home? Just relax and do nothing. Take your time!
            Home maintenance, gardening, wash the car, shopping ...

Michael

Comment

Hire assistant

Comment

Hire assistant
                No I'm the husband so I am the assistant

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mmurray View Post
                  No I'm the husband so I am the assistant

Michael
                  Hmm. Then there're no ways out but to DO items on your list. A man should work during the day and rest when he sleeps. So put some fun items on your @Home list and DO them along with other items. You could mix them or whatever. Do not stop doing unless it's time to sleep. Then you should stop and have a proper rest to continue DOing next day.

Comment

Hmm. Then there're no ways out but to DO items on your list. A man should work during the day and rest when he sleeps. So put some fun items on your @Home list and DO them along with other items. You could mix them or whatever. Do not stop doing unless it's time to sleep. Then you should stop and have a proper rest to continue DOing next day.
                    wow, no rest except for sleep? I don't know if I could live like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 12hourhalfday View Post
                      wow, no rest except for sleep? I don't know if I could live like that.

Yes I know. What happened to @AfternoonNap ?

Michael

Comment

Our body rests and re-charges only during afternoon or night sleep. So we are supposed to work, close open loops all day long. Didn't you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by mmurray View Post
                          Yes I know. What happened to @AfternoonNap ?

Michael
                          Everything on it got moved to @Someday / Maybe

Comment

Working...
                          X