Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Supervisor - New Challenges Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Supervisor - New Challenges

I have been using GTD for just short of 2 years as the member of a three person team. I was previously not the supervisor, so my project list was very specific to my projects and it worked very well.

I have recently been promoted to the team supervisor and now responsible for everything in our division. I am very comfortable with delegating tasks and projects, but I am ultimately responsible for the outcome of the divisions projects and feel like I need to keep a finger on the status of the projects (especially with 2 brand new employees).

So my question is - what goes on my "Project" list now? If I add all of our projects, the total number would be greater than 100 and I seem to shy away from the weekly review with such a daunting list of projects to review...

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by doncamp1 View Post
    So my question is - what goes on my "Project" list now? If I add all of our projects, the total number would be greater than 100 and I seem to shy away from the weekly review with such a daunting list of projects to review...

Any suggestions?
    I presume you require to get an update on every one of those projects, so you need an action which allows you to get an update. If one person has 5 projects you could always group them under one agenda item, but otherwise, if you need 100 updates ...you need 100 updates.

sorry

Comment

There was a thread on here about keeping a separate delegated projects list. I tried to find it but just putting project into the search box brought up pretty much all threads. I use such a list for projects that are their responsibility, but that I want to track. Anything that I need to discuss or that I'm waiting for still go on my respective context lists though.

Comment

Originally posted by doncamp1 View Post
        If I add all of our projects, the total number would be greater than 100 and I seem to shy away from the weekly review with such a daunting list of projects to review.

If that's the major concern, it might make sense to have a secondary Weekly Review that covers only these delegated projects. It would probably make sense to have the subordinates there for that review as well.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the quick replies. I like the idea of keeping a 2nd list for their projects and keeping them segregated from my own list. We have a staff meeting once a week so keeping their projects in a separate list would help to set the agenda for the staff meeting and keep my weekly review from taking a few hours.

Thanks!

Don

Comment

I suspect that you will be using a lot of Waiting For. and every weekly review and follow up Agenda/Calls to make sure the project is on progress.

Maybe a weekly status report? or daily feeds of twitter from your team?

Comment

Working...
            X