Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
identifying the perfect next action Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identifying the perfect next action

As an individual contributor, I try to get into, and stay in, "flow".

As a project lead, I am often pulled out of flow by the demands and many directions of my projects.

So, I wonder -- if my next actions are at just the right level, is it possible to move so seamlessly from action to action that I never get 'out of flow', even though I am moving from project to project?

Maybe I can even use 'flow' as a metric on how well I am capturing my next actions? That is, if my day is so all-absorbing that I am surprised by how soon it is time to call it a day, I can say that I am creating good next actions -- and if the day is disjointed, with fits and starts and wildly varying energy levels, I can say that my next actions are not seamless, are not really written at the 'action' level, and should be improved?

Thanks,
    Rob

I don't really have an answer, but I share your enthusiasm for "flow". It seems to go hand in hand with the methods of GTD.

Comment

Having next actions properly defined helps me enormously with that. In particular, if I'm doing lots of tasks in the same context I find it helps a great deal, since I dont have to sit back and rethink. the most obvious example for me is brainstorming. Sometimes Il brainstorm 4 or 5 different ideas on the run, having them ready and waiting with all my tools to hand means i can roll from one to another to another with no break.

Comment

Working...
      X