Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to store paper-based 'pending' items?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to store paper-based 'pending' items?

Hello.

I'm just setting up my GTD implementation and I'm confused about some of the paper-based workflow. I'd appreciate people's thoughts on where is best to store paper-based items where I have a longer-than-two-minutes action.

For example:

Item in my inbox: Credit card statement.

Next action: call credit card company to query something on the statement - action noted onto my 'Calls' list.

Should I store the physical copy of this statement in:

A) My A-Z general reference filing along with all the previous statements, and only retrieve it when I actually make the call?

B) In a 'Pending' tray along with the 15-20 other physical items that I have next actions relating to?

C) Along with my 'Calls' list, possibly in a folder of items requiring calls?

D) somewhere else?

Thanks very much,

Tom

You need a folder "action support" for just such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Badly Bald Boy View Post
      D) somewhere else?
      Separate folder called "Action Support" IN wherever you store most current/active/critical project folders.

Comment

Thanks Scott, Oogie. I'll set up an Action Support folder.

I have a tray where I keep my project and action lists, and support for key current projects, so I'll keep the new folder in there.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X