GTD Setup Guides

Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 by GTD Times Staff

Our GTD Setup Guides give you step-by-step coaching on applying GTD to some of the best software tools out there. We currently have Guides for:

Wunderlist
OmniFocus
Outlook for Windows
Outlook for Mac
iPhone/iPad
OneNote for Windows
Evernote for Windows
Evernote for Mac
Lotus Notes
Google Apps

You can get them and see samples here.

What are we missing? What Guide should we write next? (No promises, as every tool has to pass our rigorous vetting process, but we’re always open to suggestions!)

60 Responses to “GTD Setup Guides”

1. David Drake says:

How about these two:

Nirvanahq
    GTDNext

2. Frank Mélotte says:

Would it be possible to write a guide for Toodledo?

3. LilDivette says:

Please create one for the Things (now called Things3) iOS app! They have a lot features that support the tenets of GTD. Thanks in advance!

4. Amy Smith says:

I have found IQTell (https://iqtell.com/)to be the best productivity app to implement GTD. It is completely based on the GTD method and is totally unique in the productivity app world. Super powerful e-mail processing, Evernote integration, calendar, contacts, project & action management. Everything you need to be productive in one app. It is very flexible and customizable to your work flow. Also, the customer service is the best I have ever experienced from any app. They are amazing! I love it and would love to see you write a guide for it!

5. Jen P. says:

Yes, I second a Things 3 request, please.

6. neil says:

While I have used Omnifocus and benefited from the gtd guide I have to use Windows at work. A colleague has recently put me onto Nozbe. This works on PC and IOS and I’m now getting my head around it. Will you be doing a guide on this software?

• GTD Times Staff says:

Thanks Neil. We’ll add your vote for Nozbe. It’s been on our radar, but not likely to be one of the ones we do next.

7. EmJay says:

Another vote for Things3. It has long puzzled me that GTD never says a word about the existence of an app that is so often compared with OmniFocus.

8. Nirvana is an excellent gtd tool.

9. Please consider

Nirvanahq
    Things 3

10. Niall Hughes says:

+1 for Nirvanahq

11. Nathan Simpson says:

Is there a guide for Office 365 at all? On 365 Outlook, there are not the usual tabs (view etc) so it is not as straightforward to configure.

Anything that can make configuration easy would be gratefully received.

NS

12. Siddhartha Nadadhur says:

Nirvanahq guide please. Very good gtd implemented app

13. TT says:

Another vote for Nirvanahq

14. Bob Lieberman says:

Nirvanahq! I’ve tried them all and this is both the most faithful to GTD and the most usable. Exceptional productivity for three years now in a high pace work environment plus home and side business. Nothing bad to say about it except that more people should know how to use it.

15. Daniel Housam says:

A setup guide for Nirvana, please.
    Thank you!
    Dan

16. Bryan says:

Please please make a setup guide for Nirvanahq!

17. Dr. Scott says:

I would LOVE and find very useful for GTD the inclusion of NirvanaHQ! Been using it for years, and love the powerful simplicity for GTD!

18. Sheldon says:

I vote for Nirvanahq but would love to see one for Things 3 as well.

19. John says:

Researched many tools and there are a good number of candidates. My personal and professional goto is Nirvana HQ. It has given me the power to focus without the distraction of all features that lead many tools astray from the basic tenets of GTD.

As a leader I have given the book to dozens of people and NirvanaHQ has been my goto tool for desktop and integrated iPhone/iPad simplicity.

20. Joshua Wagner says:

Another vote for NirvanaHQ, please!

21. Bradley Roseberry says:

Been a GTD’er for many years. Took several classes, re-read the book and or update often. Always struggle with the fact that Corp IT departments don’t allow Evernote, OneNote, Outlook et al, outside of the firewall. Therefore I have to have both on line and offline files, or separate home and work. Etc.

NirvanaHQ now alleviates that for Web based and Mobile based, easy to follow, easy to see and operate, easy on the pocket book.

I vote for NirvanaHQ

Thanks

22. Marcio Werner says:

+1 for NirvanaHQ

23. VIrginia says:

I’d love to see a guide for Trello! Although there are some templates out there, but it’s always nice to hear it from the expert 🙂

24. Juan says:

NirvanaHQ. 100% GTD, simple and elegant UI.

25. Egil says:

Please add NirvanaHQ to the list. Really needs a place here!

26. Jason T says:

Another vote for Nirvana HQ. Very impressive.

27. Hélder Pinho says:

Nirvana, please!

28. Linus says:

+1 for Nirvana – have been using it for a year now after a testing out another 8-10 tools… best fit for me!

29. Vidu says:

I would also like to request a guideline for Things 3

30. Nick says:

Another vote for Nirvana, it’s a very elegant solution.

31. Allen says:

Another vote for Nirvana. It supports the closest implementation to GTD that I’ve found. Been using it for GTD since 2011 after trying several others.

32. Kumo says:

Add another vote for Nirvana. It would be great to see the best implementation from someone else’s perspective.

33. S/Penn says:

Nirvana HQ
    – great tool, been around for a while, doesn’t get the love it desrves

34. Rebecca says:

Things 3

35. Becky says:

Nirvana HQ…used if for about a year and then dropped it because I quit the job I was working at. I loved the UI and ease of adding items to my inbox. Now I’ve been searching for another task/project manager app and I was relieved to see that folks like Nirvana HQ as much as I did. Maybe I’ll add it back into my life. Thanks for making me think about it fondly again!

36. Gerolf says:

Another +1 for NirvanaHQ!

37. Robert says:

I’d love to see a guide for NirvanaHQ as well, really great tool, helped me to get everything into a single system. I’m just struggling with reference material and my weekly review, would be grateful to see how you GTD pros would put it all together in Nirvana.

Thanks!

38. Dann says:

Add my vote for Nirvana, I’ve looked at many others and tried a few, would love any further GTD resources that make it more useful.

39. Kim says:

Adding a vote for Nirvana. I liked OmniFocus but I need something that I can use on my work PC as well as my iDevices.

40. John Patterson says:

Yet another vote for NirvanaHQ. I used Evernote / Secret Weapon for a couple of years – and still use Evernote for non-GTD purposes – but I was blown away by how easy Nirvana was ‘out of the box’ compared to the overhead of multiple tagging layers. I’d love to see the expert guide and like a previous poster, I think Nirvana deserves to get more love.

41. Kim Pruitt says:

I would also love to see a guide for Things 3. And another great app that doesn’t get the recognition it deserves, in my opinion, is Handle. It works beautifully with the GTD method & the fact that it combines your To-do List, email, & calendar all together makes it an incredible productivity app!! The best part is it’s free, with an option to pay what you want, if you want, to help support the developers.

Please consider creating a guide for Things 3 & Handle.

Thank you! 😊