Tips for your filing system from David Allen
Date: Friday, March 30, 2012 by GTD Times Staff
For whatever paper filing you still have that hasn’t gone digital yet, here are tips from David Allen for setting up your paper filing system.
- Keep general reference files at arms’ reach.
- Have lots of fresh folders at hand.
- Avoid the unnecessary complication of color-coding your files.
- Label your files with an automatic labeler. This is faster for one-off labels than printing from your computer.
- Get comfortable filing even a single piece of paper that you might want to refer to later.